BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 11, 2010

Week 20 - Event Management


I loved playing with all of these different tools, however I think Doodle is my favourite!

In doodle I created a poll to find out which date would best suit staff to celebrate the end of the uni semester, as there are a number of staff currently studying, and the end of another work week. I have had a great response with most people replying on the same day, a few the next day and others I'm still waiting to hear from, it has been so useful in organising this event and I can see it's benefits for arranging other event's such as staff meetings etc. I found it very easy to create an account in doodle, however I became a little confused after scheduling and event. After fiddling with it a bit more (I wasn't going to let if defeat me!) it made much more sense!!

Doodle is a very easy to use tool providing everyone invited is comfortable using the tool and responds by the required date, as setting reminders requires a paid subscription.

I also played with google calendar, it was so easy to set up!! Entering data was very simple and the instructions straight forward. Although I am unlikely to continue using google calendar, as I am already using the outlook calendar provided by the organisation, I can see it's importance for small business using google for business email transactions, student's studying, keeping a travel itinerary and much more!! (I have also added my calendar to my blog!!)

I experimented with Event brite in creating event and it is very well set out and easy to create. I have previously used event brite to book a place in a seminar, it was very simple and the instructions were great for a first time user. However I did have a small problem at the time, that being I submitted my request twice, as I wasn't sure if the first had worked and ended up with two tickets.

1 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Doodle is fun. It like it when I am setting up teleconferences as it cuts down on the e-mails being sent around.

Sounds like you had a fun week.

Ellen (PLS)